At Alta Clean, we offer a variety of janitorial services, including commercial carpet cleaning in Denton. We are here whenever you need carpet cleaning for your business in Denton, and we also understand that keeping your home carpet clean can be a challenge–especially if you have small children or pets. We want to help our valued customers with cleaning in every aspect of their lives, so today we’ll give you some tips on how to keep your home carpets clean and fresh.
- Vacuum. As simple as it sounds, vacuuming at least once a week can actually extend the life of your carpet. When a carpet is not vacuumed frequently enough, tough particles can imbed into and cut the fibers of your carpet.
- More Traffic Means More Cleaning. Certain areas in your home see more foot traffic–like hallways and near couches where people rest their feet. Because they are naturally prone to be dirtier, these areas should be vacuumed often–more than once a week–to avoid build-up of dirt and grime. And don’t forget the areas that get no traffic at all. About once a month, use your crevice tool to vacuum areas that don’t get vacuumed regularly, like around baseboards, around radiators, and under couches.
- Once is Not Enough. Those tough dirt particles that we mentioned can be hard to capture. Go over each area of carpet at least twice each time you vacuum, to be sure your vacuum is picking up as much dirt as possible.
- Take it Slow. Vacuuming several times will not do the trick unless you vacuum slowly, ensuring that the vacuum’s suction gets to all the dirt and dust that has been ground into the carpet.
- Prepare and Prevent. You can help prevent odors with one simple trick: put some baking soda in your vacuum bag. You can also help prevent dirt build-up: if your carpet is new or has been newly cleaned by a professional, you can apply soil retardant to extend the life and look of your carpet. When applying soil retardant yourself, remember to only use professional equipment and follow recommended application methods.
Over the next few months we’ll continue to give you home cleaning tips, so be on the lookout for help with things like carpet stain removal and odor removal. When you need commercial carpet cleaning in Denton, call the professionals at Alta Clean. We do quality, affordable work, all on your schedule.
carpet cleaning denton 76205
Alta Clean Inc.
318 Dallas Drive, #101
Denton, TX 76205